Thursday, April 15, 2010

Atonement

I fell off the reading bandwagon for about two weeks and have come to miss it. I decided to try and get back on board with a novel entitled "Atonement". I must admit, this is not the best book to entice someone to read more frequently, rather it is a book that applauded my skimming behaviour when I sense that my eyes are glazing over and I'm about to take a nap. My critique of the novel was it's attention to detail. It is not often that people say that one must pay less attention to detail, but this is that exception. The novel focuses on meaningless details and provokes frequent napping throughout the novel. I believe that the novel itself has an enticing plot and story-line and could be better with a more 'to-the-point' style of writing.

Anyway, short but sweet.

Ciar xo

No comments:

Post a Comment